VII.          WORD HERE
VIII.         WORD HERE
IX. WORD HERE
Attachments
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-2.png (83.96 KiB) Viewed 776 times
Untitled-2.png
Untitled-2.png (83.96 KiB) Viewed 776 times
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved] -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
OpenOffice 4.1.13
MrProgrammer

Re: Bullet and Numbering Spacing Issue

Post by MrProgrammer »

Rangerfox wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:39 pm Bullet and number spacing I need a work around Please
I will guess that you want all the  a  content to align vertically. I suspect you've told Writer to jump to the next tab stop after the roman numeral. Position that tab stop far enough right so the final character of all of the numerals are to the left of it. Some of your numerals are longer than others. VII and VIII are too long for  a  to go at the first tab stop. The black arrows denote the tab stops of your paragraph. Writer may be using the default tab stops for the style.

⬇︎        ⬇︎        ⬇︎        ⬇︎        ⬇︎
VI. a
VII.         a
VIII.        a
IX. a

Set your own tab stop with Format → Styles and Formatting → «select the current style (highlighted)» → Right-click → Modify → Tabs. Read about tab stops in Help → Index or in User Guides (PDF) or searching for topics about it in the Writer Forum. Perhaps this tutorial will help: If you need any additional assistance attach a document demonstrating the difficulty (remove confidential information then use Post Reply, not Quick Reply, and don't attach a picture instead of the document itself). I will not help further unless you attach a Writer document.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the Subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Hagar Delest

Re: Bullet and Numbering Spacing Issue

Post by Hagar Delest »

See especially that (old) one: [Solved] Numbered List Indents After 10.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the 🖉 button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10