Changing from web layout to print layout

Discuss the word processor

Changing from web layout to print layout

Postby justjiim » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 pm

on my windows 8.1 dell tablet, I have a folder with 1,031 text files odt. I installed newer version 4.1.7 and now when I open my files they are all in web layout, so the page drops down to the right and is not centered on page. I can go in to each file change to print layout, add a period or coma and save it, its correct on the page. is there any way I can change something to do all the files at once, instead of each one separately?
open office 4.1.7 on windows 8.1
justjiim

Re: changing from web layout to print layout

Postby RusselB » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 pm

Welcome to the Forums.
Regretfully, to my understanding, the Layout format is stored as part of the .odt file, which means that you'll have to open each one, change the layout (however works best for you), then resave it.
There are other helpers on the forum that have more knowledge in this area, so one of them might know of something I do not....in which case we'll both learn something new.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and LibreOffice 6.3.3.2 on Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RusselB

Postby RoryOF » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:24 pm

Page on the right is not Web layout as far as I know. Three little icons at bottom right of OO window, press leftmost icon (single page) and adjust scale by the slider to their right or by double left clicking or single right click in the % box on the corner.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby justjiim » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm

RoryOF wrote:Page on the right is not Web layout as far as I know. Three little icons at bottom right of OO window, press leftmost icon (single page) and adjust scale by the slider to their right or by double left clicking or single right click in the % box on the corner.

I have been using open office for many years, first time this has happened. right now because I need these files to be correct by this coming Friday, I am opening each file and changing to print layout. modifying the file with a period or coma and saving, I was just hoping there was a way to change all the folders at the same time. like I said I have over a 1000 text files. this will make me hesitant to install any newer versions of OO in the future. thank you for your reply
open office 4.1.7 on windows 8.1
justjiim

Postby RoryOF » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Try what I suggested - I think it will hold for all OO files opened after that.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Return to Writer