[Solved] Preparing my .odt book for pdf conversion

Discuss the word processor

[Solved] Preparing my .odt book for pdf conversion

Postby PencilPusha » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Hey everyone, I'm finally pleased to announce that I have completed my book of poetry through open office writer, and have formatted the INTERNAL contents of my book to my liking :crazy: in terms of page number, fonts, table of contents, etc.

However, in order to get this thing published/printed as i have dreamed while writing this, I need to convert this document to pdf. Everytime i do this using some online converter, it always screws up the page formatting. Luckily the publisher I am using will allow me to take care of the artwork so i don't have to dick around with graphical editing software, that should be a fun little piece of cake when i get around to it.

How do I prepare my .odt document so that online converters will give me back what i put into it? I feel like it has to do with non-printing characters, but i am just lost and confused at this point :bravo:

Maybe I should just send this to my linux machine so i can effortlessly use "OpenOfficeLibre", and the free pdf editing programs that you can easily acquire on Ubuntu? :geek: Open Office is great but unfortunately it has it's shortcomings in terms of artwork and book formatting...
Last edited by robleyd on Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]
Open office 4.1.7 installed on Windows 10
PencilPusha

Re: Preparing my .odt book for pdf conversion

Postby FJCC » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:54 pm

Does the file look correct if you do the PDF export from OpenOffice using the menu File -> Export as PDF?
Windows 10 and Linux Mint, since 2017
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Re: Preparing my .odt book for pdf conversion

Postby PencilPusha » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:30 am

FJCC wrote:Does the file look correct if you do the PDF export from OpenOffice using the menu File -> Export as PDF?

it looks great! Thanks so much as you pointed out something really stupid i've been troubling myself with computer related ended up having an incredibly simple solution!

This is great software...maybe one of these days ill be able to leave windows for good.
Open office 4.1.7 installed on Windows 10
PencilPusha

Return to Writer