[Solved] AOO 4.1.7 new download will not start

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows

[Solved] AOO 4.1.7 new download will not start

Postby bindin » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:18 am

Hi All, I'm using windows 10 and had an older AOO 4.1.5 that would not save any new documents, so I have downloaded 4.1.7 on installing an error box popped up saying
Capture.PNG
Screen Capture
I have also added (soffice.bin) to windows defender as per a recent post, I have also tried to do a repair on the installation and still get the same pop up?
One thing I have not done is uninstall AOO 4.1.5.
Best regards.
Last edited by RusselB on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Green check and Solved tag added
open office 4.17. windows 10
bindin

Re: AOO 4.1.7 new download will not start

Postby RusselB » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:55 am

Welcome to the Forums.
Uninstallation of the older version is not necessary, as 4.1.7 will simply over-write the older program files, but not the OpenOffice 4.1.7 link
Are you using a custom or default installation? In either case, but especially if you are doing a custom installation, check the information in the error message....ie: ensure that the folder/directory exists and that you have permission to write to it.
If, after you have confirmed this, you still get the same error upon a later installation attempt, then retry the installation using Administrator access. Even if you are an administrator, sometimes Windows is flukey about the access and needs you to tell it that you have access.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and LibreOffice 6.3.3.2 on Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RusselB

Re: AOO 4.1.7 new download will not start

Postby bindin » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:24 am

:bravo: Thank for your help, I was doing a default install, so I logged in as admin and everything was there so I opened AOO and then logged out of admin and the all working like a dream.
Great stuff.
open office 4.17. windows 10
bindin

Return to MS Windows