Printer problem

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows

Printer problem

Postby seaskitom » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:07 pm

I just installed Open Office 4.1.7 and cannot get open office writer to print. I have windows 10. Open office spread sheets print just fine, and all other printing on my windows 10 prints just fine, but when I send a print job from open office writer the paper goes thru blank, and does not even try to print. Can I get some help with this problem??
Open Office 4.1.7 - Windows 10
seaskitom

Re: PRINTER PROBLEM

Postby RoryOF » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:29 pm

The usual cure is to reinstall your printer, checking with manufacturer's site that you are using the latest drivers for that printer model (do not leave it to Windows 10 to update the drivers, as it sometimes does not do so correctly).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Re: Printer problem

Postby UnklDonald418 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:42 pm

In the unlikely case that the printer driver update isn't the solution.
Windows comes with a printer driver Microsoft Print to PDF. Try printing to that
If you get what you expected in the .pdf file try printing it.
If that works then I would try resetting your user profile. That sometimes solves weird problems.
[Tutorial] The OpenOffice User Profile
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 & LibreOffice 6.1.5.2 - Windows 10 Professional
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Postby seaskitom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Nothing has helped me with my open office writer printing. I can print the documents from a pdf or send them to my e mail and print them, but they will not print in open office, but the spread sheet files print in open office. My open office on my other computer with windows 7 will print the open office writer files just fine, but my new computer with windows 10 will not print.
seaskitom

Postby RoryOF » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Have you tried reinstalling the latest printer driver for your printer?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby John_Ha » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm

seaskitom wrote:Open office spread sheets print just fine, and all other printing on my windows 10 prints just fine, but when I send a print job from open office writer the paper goes thru blank, and does not even try to print.

It is strange that Calc prints but Writer does not as I would have thought they use the same code to print.

Download test.odt - does it print OK? Use File > Print ..., to print it.

Strange problems are sometimes fixed by resetting the profile - see Resetting the user profile.

Windows 10 is known to install the incorrect printer driver during updates so do not rely on Windows. Be sure to download the driver from the manufacturer's web site and install it.
Attachments
test.odt
(12.1 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Postby RoryOF » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:13 pm

Try /Tools /Options /OpenOffice Writer : Print tab, and check "Print text in black"; then try printing.
RoryOF

Postby wanda1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:14 pm

I faced the same kind of error. To solve this problem I searched many websites and then learned about [url=httpsX://hp123-printer-setups.com/]x123.hp.com[/url] and got the solution. Now my all kind of printer problems are solved.
Last edited by robleyd on Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Disable link
OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
wanda1
Banned

Postby seaskitom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:26 am

Thanks, but it is not an HP printer problem. The HP printer works just fine with Open Office spread sheets, PDF files, e-mail attachments, and other printer jobs. The only documents that do not print are from the Open Office writer files. I think it is a problem with open office writer and windows 10. My older computer with windows 7 prints these writer files without any problem. I have uninstalled the HP printer drivers and re installed them but this did not help.
seaskitom

Postby John_Ha » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:42 am

seaskitom wrote: I think it is a problem with open office writer and windows 10.

That is extremely unlikely as millions of other W10 users have no problem. It is a problem with your PC, your installation or your printer.

Q1. What happened when you printed test.odt? Please give an exact detailed description with the text of any messages.

Strange problems are sometimes fixed by resetting the profile - see Resetting the user profile.

Q2. Does that fix it?
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Return to MS Windows