[Solved] Indicating the dest. folder when save/export file

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?

[Solved] Indicating the dest. folder when save/export file

Postby KamilKaniewski » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Hello,

I have question regarding default folder location during saving files. When I press 'save as' or export to pdf', program will indicate the folder where I saved previous used/saved file. I want that default folder will be always the same as source file - especially when I want to save file with new name or during exporting to pdf. Does anyone know how to set it up?

Best regards,
Kamil Kaniewski
Last edited by KamilKaniewski on Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 / Windows 10 Pro
KamilKaniewski

Re: Indicating the destination folder when saving/exporting

Postby RusselB » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:20 pm

Welcome to the Forums.
After you have installed OpenOffice, you can change the default paths for many things by going to Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice -> Paths
OpenOffice 4.1.7 and LibreOffice 6.3.3.2 on Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RusselB

Postby KamilKaniewski » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:45 am

Dear RusselB,

thanks for your quick reply. I followed your advice. I see that there are possibilites to indicate patch for: autocorrectt, autotext, gallery, backup, temporary files, templates and link to My doccuments. But there is no opiton to set how OpenOffice should choose destination for exporting pdf files. So I as understood, in OpenOffice is not possible to set the default path of the pdf file to be the same as the source file (for example .odt). Please confirm.
KamilKaniewski

Postby RoryOF » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:49 am

On my computers, Export as PDF places the PDF file in the same folder as the .odt file. Just now tested with four different files in different folders, including network folders.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby Zizi64 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:18 pm

So I as understood, in OpenOffice is not possible to set the default path of the pdf file to be the same as the source file (for example .odt).

This function works for me properly in my permanently installed LibreOffice 6.1.6 , but not work in my portable Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5.

Edit: It seems to depend on something environment property or on some setting. The function work with some files and not work with others... 
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.0; AOO4.1.6
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby Hagar Delest » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Weird, I checked with the winpenpack port also (AOO 4.1.5) on Windows 10 and the dialog proposes the folder of the source file, both with AOO dialogs or the system dialogs.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 19.10 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Postby KamilKaniewski » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Seems that this function depends on operational system settings. Thanks for advices, I mark this topis as Solved.
KamilKaniewski

Re: [Solved] Indicating the dest. folder when save/export fi

Postby KamilKaniewski » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:33 pm

I asked the same problem on the Polish OpenOffice forum and as response received a script that one of the moderators (Jermor - Thank you again!) created for this purpose. The script generates a PDF file with one click. Below is my translation of the original post, sorry for any mistakes.

"It works as follow:
- Recognizes if the document belongs to one of the Apache OpenOffice or LibreOffice documents.
- Sets the type of PDF Filter for a given document type.
- Gets the file name with the full path.
- Changes the file name extension to PDF
- Saves (exports) the PDF to the same path, overwriting if necessary a pre-existing PDF with the same name (without asking for permission!).

I saved the macro, or rather macros, in an OXT file. After downloading it, you can include it in your macro library. "Tools -> Extension Manager -> Add ...". The DoPDF library will be added to the "My macros" container. The macro that should be run is "ZapiszJakoPDF".
You can add this macro to your toolbar or menu."
Attachments
DoPDF.rar
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
KamilKaniewski

Return to Install, Setup and Troubleshooting