OpenOffice Document Recovery

Discuss setup / installation issues - Add a spell checker, Language pack?

OpenOffice Document Recovery

Postby arnettce@gmail.com » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:44 pm

EVERY time I open Open Office, Open Office Document Recovery pops up with FOUR documents (the same documents every time.) I click on START RECOVERY and it runs through the list. The STATUS comes up "not recovered yet." I click on START RECOVERY and it again runs thru the list. The status now comes up "Recovery Failed." I have DELETED all these files, and want Open Office to delete them, too, so I don't have to go thru this every time. HOW do I delete them so they no longer pop up?
Open Office 4.15 at Windows 10
arnettce@gmail.com

Re: Open Office Document Recovery

Postby RoryOF » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Reply to the "Recover" prompt with Cancel, for each file.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Re: OpenOffice Document Recovery

Postby robleyd » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:18 pm

It seems you asked the same question a some months ago in this topic and received the same advice. Do the suggestions not work for you?
Cheers
David
Apache OpenOffice 420m2(Build:9821) - Slackware 14.2 - 64 bit
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 - Slackware 14.2 - 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 - Windows 7 Virtual machine
robleyd

Postby RoryOF » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:24 pm

If this is still happening to you, I repeat my earlier advice

This suggests that you are in some way improperly closing OpenOffice. Try this: Use /File /Close to close each open document in turn, then /File /Exit to shut down OpenOffice. Now use the formal computer close down procedure and wait a few seconds for all disk activity to cease before cutting the power or closing a laptop lid.

If that helped, you should review your method of closure of OO and its documents.

Do not let your computer sleep with an OpenOffice Document(s) open. This is a surefire way to lose a document and or get Recovery messages.

Remember, _YOU_ are using the computer. This is happening to _YOU_, not to millions of other users of OpenOffice. So most likely the problem is caused by something _YOU_ are doing.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby arnettce@gmail.com » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:40 pm

It DOES NOT work because these documents ONLY show up on the DOCUMENT RECOVERY SCREEN. They are not available in MY DOCUMENTS or on the RECENT DOCUMENTS list. They will NOT open from the screen, making the FILE, CLOSE operation unavailable. I need to know HOW to delete them from the DOCUMENT RECOVERY SCREEN. Thanks
Open Office 4.15 at Windows 10
arnettce@gmail.com

Postby RoryOF » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:42 pm

When you are prompted for Recovery permission, press Cancel instead, for each Recovery prompt.
RoryOF

Return to Install, Setup and Troubleshooting