[Solved] Different Headers on Different Pages

Using them, Making them , Finding them

[Solved] Different Headers on Different Pages

Postby xam » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 pm

I understand how to make a header and a 2nd page header. Is it possible to save the template so that the 2nd page has the page number and date WITHOUT have to put a bunch of blank lines in the template to force the 2nd page to occur in the template? I.e., with MS Word the template has the letterhead on the first page and then you can put the page number, date, and anyother fields you want on the 2nd page and when you open the document you see page 1 with the headers and when you create enough lines you get the 2nd page with the 2nd page header.

Thanks,
Max
Last edited by xam on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1.1
Vista and XP
xam

Re: Different Headers on Different Pages

Postby TheGurkha » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:12 pm

You do this with Page Styles.

Define styles for the different pages or types of pages within the document and as those pages are added they can automatically take the page style, or you can 'paint' the page style onto them.

See chapter 6 and 7 of the Writer Guide: OpenOffice.org 3 User Guides.

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Different Headers on Different Pages

Postby xam » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:34 am

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't seen that [those :-)] document[s]. I read the two chapters you suggested, and I was still not doing what I wanted to do, then I read the Template chapter, and I made a solution, but I suppose there are easier and/or better ways.

1. I created a document that had the First Page and AddlPages that I wanted just full of blank lines.
2. I saved that Template. "Letterhead2"
3. I opened a new document based on 2.
4. I deleted all the blank lines that I didn't want
5. Saved this as a new template "letterhead3"

Now when I open letters based on letterhead3 I get a single blank page with name and address at the top, if the letter is long enough it when it creates the 2nd page the top only contains the date and page number.

Just what the doctor order. :) Thank you very much for your time and trouble

Max
OpenOffice 3.1.1
Vista and XP
xam

Re: Header on first page only

Postby franwil1 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:20 pm

I need to write header on first page only, not header on all pages following, Also with numbering
Francine Williams
OpenOffice.org 3.2
franwil1

Re: [Solved] Different Headers on Different Pages

Postby Hagar Delest » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:24 pm

See [Tutorial] Page numbering.

Please also read the Survival Guide for the forum. Don't post in a thread that is not related to your own issue, especially if it has been solved!
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 19.10 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Return to Templates