Conversion Between Color Models

Discuss the spreadsheet application

Conversion Between Color Models

Postby White Phoenix » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:20 am

I am working with different color models and am now stuck because I need to convert over 100 colors from Hex or RGB to HSB and CMYK. Converting between RGB and Hex has been found several times. Failing to find any batch converter even online, AOO extension, or a Calc function, the only other solution would be to find formulas that I can use defined in spreadsheet terms, even if it will cover multiple cells to get to the finished result.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 7 Professional.
White Phoenix

Re: Conversion Between Color Models

Postby Zizi64 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:59 am

Here are some conversion macros (I never tried them):
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=99268
Last edited by Zizi64 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.0; AOO4.1.6
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby Zizi64 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:06 am

Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.0; AOO4.1.6
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby White Phoenix » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks for the quick reply, I didn’t really expect anyone to have a reply since I usually work on eclectic projects.

The LibreOffice template seems to be what I need. Because I want to have cells with the samples of color, I will need to change the colors of the AOO color table which will cause colors in the other spreadsheets to change. Therefore, I wanted to preserve the current AOO chart to be able to change back. But it looks like this template allows you to change the colors of the user interface, not just the text and background colors used in the program. I will have to try this out to see what it actually does.

As for the macros I may be able to do something with them once I figure out how to arrange the formulas in the spreadsheet to get the codes from one color model converted into a different model.
White Phoenix

Postby John_Ha » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:29 pm

See What does the CMYK option in AOO do? How is it used?. Be careful - you may create unprintable colours.
LO 6.3.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Postby White Phoenix » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:18 pm

Thanks John, I don’t remember seeing the CMYK option, but I will look again. This file is for reference only. I haven’t needed to use CMYK for years, which is why it is a low priority.

I just checked. Changing the notation in the color chart doesn’t really help. I only need the codes for reference. I would still need to enter the values one at a time for each color. I have a color picker I can use that has a setting to stay on top, if I am going to do that.
White Phoenix

Return to Calc