Formulae not working correctly

Discuss the spreadsheet application

Formulae not working correctly

Postby RUDOLFHUCKER » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:49 pm

HI guys, new convert from MS.
When I drag the bottom right of a cell to copy a formula it copies fine but the formulae don't work. If I type in the formula it works fine. =B1*10 shows ten times the content of cell B1 if typed but not if it's copied. Also if I then change the content of B1the result doesn't change. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Bob
OpenOffice4.1.7 on Windows 10
RUDOLFHUCKER

Re: Formulae not working correctly

Postby RoryOF » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Are you dragging the black dot in bottom right?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby FJCC » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:55 pm

If you could upload a file showing the problem, it would be much easier to diagnose. To upload a file, click Post Reply and look for the Upload Attachment tab just below the box where you type a response.
Windows 10 and Linux Mint, since 2017
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
FJCC

Postby RUDOLFHUCKER » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:35 am

RoryOF wrote:Are you dragging the black dot in bottom right?

Yes. Dragging it copies the formula but the formula doesn't actually work. If the formula in the first box is 10 then the rest of the copied formulae will also be 10 regardless of the expected outcomes.
RUDOLFHUCKER

Postby RUDOLFHUCKER » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:47 am

OK. It looks like something I have done to that sheet. I just opened a new page to demonstrate the issue and it doesn't have the same problem. All the sheets in the original file have the same issue but the new page does not. Guess I'll transpose the relevant info and start over.
Thanks

Bob
RUDOLFHUCKER

Postby Zizi64 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:54 am

All the sheets in the original file have the same issue but the new page does not. Guess I'll transpose the relevant info and start over.

If you will copy-paste the content together the formatting properties from the old file into the new file, the root of the problem (maybe) will be copied too!
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.0; AOO4.1.6
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Return to Calc