Identify discontinued products using VLOOKUP

Discuss the spreadsheet application

Identify discontinued products using VLOOKUP

Postby Cotswold Engraver » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi all

I am sure this is a simple exercise but can't seem to get my head around the latter part.
Here's the issue;
1) I have a product listing csv downloaded from my website with 2 columns (product ID & status) there are approx 8000 product lines from the website.
2) I have a csv file from my supplier with their discontinued products listed (product ID) totalling 800 products discontinued from their range this year.

I would like to find a way of comparing the website products with the supplier discontinued products, identify the discontinued products in the website list (I've worked out I can do this with a VLOOKUP) and (this is the part I can't work out how to do) then automatically change the status of said product ID from ACTIVE to INACTIVE. I will then copy the resulting list to a csv and upload back to my website to mark as unavailable the discontinued products for 2020!

I hope this is clear enough, really appreciate any help given.

Kind regards Andy
The Cotswold Engraver
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title, was: Vlookup question
Open Office 4 on Windows 10
Cotswold Engraver

Re: Vlookup question

Postby Villeroy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Make a calculated field like this: =IF(ISNA(vlookup_cell);"inactive";"active"))
Then use paste-special text to replace the status values with the newly calculated ones.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Return to Calc