Can No Longer Use Picture Dialog after Open Macro Tab If Don

Discuss the word processor

Can No Longer Use Picture Dialog after Open Macro Tab If Don

Postby jburrill@gmail.com » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:21 pm

I don't want to use macros and I don't have a JRE installed. But I accidentally clicked on the Macro tab in the picture tab and got the “OO requires JRE to perform task” message. OK, so I click [OK] so that I can reopen the Type tab. But the message appears again and again.... I would be stuck here, except I discovered that repeatedly clicking Alt-F4 can close the Picture dialog. But I can’t ever use the Picture dialog again, because it opens on the Macro tab and the message! How do I ever get to use the picture dialog again? Do I need to reinstall OO? :crazy: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/p ... a5b1a914d#
OpenOffice 4.1.0 on Windows 10
jburrill@gmail.com

Re: Can No Longer Use Picture Dialog after Open Macro Tab If

Postby RoryOF » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Probably you should simple delete or rename your OO user profile (reinstalling OO does not affect this).

As you are using Windows, close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby Bill » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:50 pm

You clicked Alt-F4 one time too many. The error message should have closed one click before the last one, leaving the Picture dialog open. The final click then closed the Picture dialog. Instead of using Alt-F4, you can repeatedly clock the OK button on the error message until the message closes. That will avoid accidentally closing the Picture dialog.
AOO 4.1.7 and LO 6.3.2.2 on Manjaro KDE
Bill
Volunteer

Postby Captain Maybe » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:37 pm

Why is this still happening? I only just reinstalled OO, and now I'm getting this problem again - although it's been a while.

I'd like to know if there's a solution like this one for red underlines that doesn't get rid of all my customisation.
OO 4.1.7, Windows 10
Captain Maybe

Postby RoryOF » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:50 pm

Try renaming your OO user profile to User_Old, starting OO again - it will make a new profile. Then rename the new profile to User_new, copy User_Old to User, and from User_New copy registrymodifications.xcu to User.

This may or may not work. If it doesn't, rename User_Old to User and you are back where you started,
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby Bill » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:06 am

Captain Maybe wrote:Why is this still happening? I only just reinstalled OO, and now I'm getting this problem again - although it's been a while.

I'd like to know if there's a solution like this one for red underlines that doesn't get rid of all my customisation.

It's still happening because it's an unfixed bug. You just need to repeatedly click the OK button on the error message until it stops appearing. You do not need to reset your user profile which is what causes loss of your customizations.

Issue 86541 - Error message "No JRE Error" in macro dialogs suggests that Java is required to run Basic & Pyton,, with is incorrect
AOO 4.1.7 and LO 6.3.2.2 on Manjaro KDE
Bill
Volunteer

Return to Writer