Print Change

Discuss the word processor

Print Change

Postby desdichato » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:28 am

For the the last month or so I have been transferring data from my phone to my computer via emails, up until today it has been successful but this morning when I opened up the document on the computer there was nothing but crap
o�AD��g�-�ϞKლ��n�e�R�Rx�#<z �,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"kT���o�R�e)�o�z��J��+�?~�J��+���#Dd)|>�R�)��i���ݫ���Rx�#<z �,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"�,��"kT�z.�_v섯
127 pages worth of this.
fortunately I have been able to locate many of the emails I sent to myself and have copied them across and are now once again in plain english, but cannot figure out why or what caused this.

Thanks
OOo 4.1.3 on 8.1
desdichato

Re: Print Change

Postby Bill » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:34 pm

What is the format of "the document"? Is it an email format or a text format?
AOO 4.1.7 on Manjaro Cinnamon
Bill
Volunteer

Postby JeJe » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:08 pm

If its a text file try opening it in something else such as Windows Notepad.
Openoffice 4.1.6
Windows 8
JeJe
Volunteer

Postby desdichato » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:07 am

Thanks guys for your responses, the emails were copied across into writer then saved as an odt file.
I am failing to understand why after copying the notes across into writer worked well for over a month then after repeating the process a couple of days ago and it looked ok that it should suddenly come open up as a huge waste of space (there were no more than half a dozen pages in the document two days ago).
Thanks again.
OOo 4.1.3 on 8.1
desdichato

Return to Writer