[Solved] Change font icon size

Discuss the word processor

[Solved] Change font icon size

Postby JamesEJ » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:14 am

SOLVED Fast forward in time>......When setting the font style, typeface type, & size point there are indicative icons at the top. They are very small. How does one change the size of these icons and not create colored icons? Thanks

Edit: Split from [Solved] Save specific font format setting; this is a new problem 
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Re: Change font icon size

Postby robleyd » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:32 am

Depending on which "indicative icons" you are referring to, the settings in Tools | Options | OpenOffice | View under User Interface may provide a solution.

Otherwise, a screen capture showing the icons you refer to might be helpful.
Cheers
David
Apache OpenOffice 420m2(Build:9821) - Slackware 14.2 - 64 bit
LibreOffice 6.0.7.3 - Slackware 14.2 - 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.4 - Windows 7 Virtual machine
robleyd

Postby Zizi64 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:21 am

When setting the font style, typeface type, & size point there are indicative icons at the top. They are very small. How does one change the size of these icons and not create colored icons?

These drop-drown lists are available on the Sidebar of the LibreOffice too. And you can adjust the Sidebar to wider: then the dropdowns will be widening too. But there is not any way to increase the height of these control elements - without enlarging the magnification value in the operating system.

SidebarDropdowns.png
Click on the picture for a better view.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.5;AOO4.1.7
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby Bill » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:30 am

JamesEJ wrote:...When setting the font style, typeface type, & size point there are indicative icons at the top.

Do you mean "at the top of the Styles and Formatting window"? AFAIK, there is no setting that will change the size of those icons.
AOO 4.1.7 on Manjaro Cinnamon
Bill
Volunteer

Postby RoryOF » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:40 am

Try /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /View and increase the Scale size to maximum (130%?) and change the Icon size setting on that window to Large.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby JeJe » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:13 am

There is Windows Magnifier - or there are many alternative freeware/shareware magnifiers as well.
Openoffice 4.1.6
Windows 8
JeJe
Volunteer

Postby JamesEJ » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:42 pm

RoryOF wrote:Try /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /View and increase the Scale size to maximum (130%?) and change the Icon size setting on that window to Large.
That sequence works to change the size of the icons alright. Good Fix RoryOF! Mine are multicolored, any way to reset to the stock color? Thanks, James
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Postby RoryOF » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:39 pm

In /Tools /Options /OpenOffice : View you may have a choice of Icon Style; any change made to this selection will not show until you press OK and exit that window. If you don't like your choice, you can always change back.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby JamesEJ » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:57 am

RoryOF wrote:In /Tools /Options /OpenOffice : View you may have a choice of Icon Style; any change made to this selection will not show until you press OK and exit that window. If you don't like your choice, you can always change back.

I am stuck on the color Blue Classic. Tried Yellow, hir OK & exited. Not any change. Its still Blue Classic. My icons are mix & match of a variety of colors. Ant Ideas?
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Postby JamesEJ » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:19 am

any body else?
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Postby Bill » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Please post a screen shot of your "mix & match of a variety of colors". I don't know what that means.

What setting did you change from "Blue Classic" to "Yellow"? I don't know where that setting is. AFAIK, there is no setting for "icon color". Most icon sets I use have multicolored icons.
Bill
Volunteer

Postby RoryOF » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:52 pm

On my OpenOffice running on Xubuntu, I have choice of only four icon sets, in two options each - Large or Small - Classic, Galaxy, Industrial, High Contrast. I think these are internally coded, not selectable from a configuration file.
RoryOF

Postby JamesEJ » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 am

Oh boy o boy! I am thinking to do a a new Oo "repair" install. to just clean up this wee mess. thots?
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Postby robleyd » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:43 am

Probably a waste of time as your configuration settings - which we refer to as your profile - won't be affected by a repair or re-install. See [Tutorial] The OpenOffice User Profile for more information on the profile, and it also contains information on how to reset the profile to default settings.

Note the instructions advise to rename the old profile, so you can recover any/all of your customisations if needed.

Please take the time to fully read the tutorial, to save unnecessary follow up questions that are already covered there.
Cheers
David
robleyd

Postby Bill » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:33 pm

JamesEJ wrote:Oh boy o boy! I am thinking to do a a new Oo "repair" install. to just clean up this wee mess. thots?

What "wee mess"? You want to change icon colors, but there is no setting to change icon colors in OpenOffice. I still have no idea what setting you tried to change from "Blue Classic" to "Yellow". If you don't upload screen shots of your icons and of the settings you're changing, I can only guess about the "wee mess".
Bill
Volunteer

Postby JamesEJ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:19 am

Bill: changing colors: plz look at Rory Of directions. The subject icons are simply multiple colors instead of a chosen one. Besides the fact I do not kow how to do screen shots here, you still would only know that each one icon has multiple colors sort of like a rainbow multi-color effect.
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Postby robleyd » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:40 am

Please remember that we cannot see either what you are seeing, or what steps you are taking to try and alter what you see. Perhaps you could help us to help you by describing exactly what steps you are taking to try and change the appearance; e.g. you click on x, then click on y, see options (what are they) etc.

Can you confirm that you are still using AOO 4.1.1 as per your signature?
Cheers
David
robleyd

Postby RoryOF » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:55 am

Also, please distinguish between "choosing a set of icons of different appearance" and "changing the colour of an icon" (perhaps by editing that icon with a bitmap editor).

If you mean you have selected a different set of icons, then you can revert to the earlier set by reselecting then in place of the "newer" icon set.
RoryOF

Postby JeJe » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:07 pm

To take a screenshot - there's a print screen button on most keyboards ("Prt Scr" on mine). You press that and the screen image is put on the clipboard. Open a program like Windows Paint and paste. Crop the bit you want to keep, save as a jpg file.

Click the "Upload attachment" button when you write your post to add the picture to it here.
Openoffice 4.1.6
Windows 8
JeJe
Volunteer

Postby JamesEJ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:41 pm

RoryOF wrote:Also, please distinguish between "choosing a set of icons of different appearance" and "changing the colour of an icon" (perhaps by editing that icon with a bitmap editor).

If you mean you have selected a different set of icons, then you can revert to the earlier set by reselecting then in place of the "newer" icon set.

I was talking about the same situation. However it is stated, those multi-colour icons are the problem. At one time these icons were normal (not multi-coloured), so your statement "...you can revert to the earlier set by reselecting then in place of the "newer" icon set." could possibly be the solution at hand. I will look to see what you mean. Jim
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Postby JamesEJ » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:54 pm

RoryOF wrote:Try /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /View and increase the Scale size to maximum (130%?) and change the Icon size setting on that window to Large.

AND THE WINNER IS... RORYOF. AGAIN. I play around a bit & then when I changed the high contrast to the Classic setting, the icons multicolored frenzy disappeared it was back to normal.
YAY! Three cheers for RoryOf!!! and thanks to you all in trying to help the best you could. Jim
Open Office writer 4.1.1
windows 7 home premium
JamesEJ

Return to Writer