Quotation Mark Bug

Discuss the word processor

Quotation Mark Bug

Postby Brucew425 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:20 pm

Dear Forum: I am running OpenOffice 4.1.5 on a Windows 7 laptop, I am having a problem with Writer changing quotation marks and apostrophes to Chinese characters whenever there is a transition to or from an italic font, (or possibly at random). It seems to occur when the document is saved, or perhaps when it opens. I am a professional novelist, working with very large documents and I cannot continue to deal with this issue, it has become much too time consuming. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution, or will I have to start using MS Word? Is there a way to go back to an earlier version of Writer? I didn't used to have this problem.
Please help, I am overwhelmed.
Bruce Wilson
OpenOffice 4.1.5
Windows 7
Brucew425

Re: Quotation Mark Bug

Postby RoryOF » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:29 pm

Please upload a short (one page) sample file, so we can inspect its internal settings.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Re: Quotation Mark Bug

Postby Bill » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Never heard of this happening before. I'd guess that it's a font problem. What fonts and language are set for the "Chinese quotes" and the correct quotes? Have the correct quote replacements been set in the AutoCorrect Localized Options?
AOO 4.1.7 and LO 6.3.2.2 on Manjaro KDE
Bill
Volunteer

Return to Writer