[Solved] Creating a bunch of reports in the same basic style

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

[Solved] Creating a bunch of reports in the same basic style

Postby dargosch » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi,

I want to create a bunch or reports using the same basic layout, but with some small changes and, of course, different underlying queries. Ok, so I have two questions:

1) Can I create a new report template in some way? The ones supplied does not really fit my needs, so they will have to be modified by hand quite a lot. Doing it on all the reports is something that I, for obvious reasons, would not like to do.

or..

2) Can I modify a report an set it to get data from a different query? That way, I quess that I could just make copies of the first report and edit the copies.

/Fredrik
Last edited by dargosch on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
"Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't get anything out of it."
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
dargosch

Re: Creating a bunch of reports in the same basic style?

Postby dargosch » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:52 am

Hi,

Solved it myself. For future reference, the Query used in a form is viewable and editable in the "Form elements" (or something like that), and field names are just costum created fieldnames. So, you just have to edit the name of the Query executed under form Elements and create appropriate fields. A bit of a hassle though.. maybe it is simpler to just to the by-hand adjustment of what comes out of the Wizard in most cases.

/Fredrik
--
"Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't get anything out of it."
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard
dargosch

Return to Reporting