Getting Columns to Wrap using Report Wizard

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

Getting Columns to Wrap using Report Wizard

Postby rab212 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm

I've been using the Report Wizard for almost a year now to create dynamic reports, with pipe-delimited data files as the basis, and it's worked great. I'm now looking for a way to get a table with a lot of variables to wrap/spill over onto a 2nd row. So, rather than having all 22 columns be displayed in a single row, I'm trying to add a break so that the last 11 columns are displayed in a 2nd row. There are multiple records, so the goal is to have two 11-column rows for each record going down the page.

I tried using the Split Table feature, but that just creates an extra blank row between the column headers and the data.

Using the Text Flow tab in Table Format, I tried checking "break", "column", "allow table to split across pages and columns," " allow rows to break across columns and pages," and all possible variation, but nothing changes. Checking "before" or "after" doesn't seem to make a difference either.

Is this even possible with this software? Thanks in advance for your help.
rab212

Re: Getting Columns to Wrap using Report Wizard

Postby TheGurkha » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Are you using the Sun Report Builder? Why not just drag the fields into position beneath the fields on the first row? Or am I missing something subtle - it has been known ;)

If your question has been answered please go to your first post, use the edit button and add [Solved] as the first word of the title. You can also select the green tick icon.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Return to Reporting