WrappedTarget Exception caught

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

WrappedTarget Exception caught

Postby linuxuser63 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:47 pm

I jsut installed the report writer extension and created a report, but when I try to run it I get:
An exception of type com.sun.star.lang.WrappedTargetException was caught.

I have no idea what it means or how to deal with it. I am creating a report from a Query using OObase 2.4 and Sun Report builder 1.0.3. I am running Windows XP. Thanks.
Thanks.
Leon
linuxuser63

Re: WrappedTarget Exception caught

Postby DrewJensen » Sat May 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Normally - well, recenently anyways - that error pops up when the reporting engine can not execute the query. ( put another way, when the query analyzer can not parse the select statement )

There is a recent entry in the bug tracking syste abuot that error with SRB 1.0.3 and OO.o 2.4 - but no word from the developers yet.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Postby linuxuser63 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 pm

Anything happening with this :?: I continue to be unable to create a report in OO. I am currently using Crystal Reports for this database because that is all I have that will work. Any help that sheds light on why this isn't working in OO would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Leon
linuxuser63

Postby DrewJensen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Sure - SRB 1.0.4 was released - caused a new problemy with 2.4.x, only...*shigh*...but a patched .jar was put together that has that working well.

The latest 3.0 beta code is actually pretty stable and that works with the SRB 1.0.4 without the patch...

Anway - if you want to try SRB 1.0.4 with 2.4.1 then let me know, you need to install the full release first - then I can send you the patched .jar file that you swap into the installation..

Next release for SRB 1.0.5 should be 2 - 3 weeks - I have been working with a beta on that and it seems solid.

So if you want to stick with released code just have to wait, closer to the 2 weeks then the 3 I think and it works fine with the stable OO.o 2.4.1 package. - if you want to go the patch route, let me know.

The SRB 1.0.5, when used with the coming 3.0 Beta 2 release includes additional features: SRB based report wizard, embedded graphs in reports, new built in functions and variables
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Return to Reporting