Fomatting reports in Base

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

Fomatting reports in Base

Postby hamster20017 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:49 pm

OK, I'm using OO 2.4 and Sun Report Builder 1.2 in Windows Vista....

OK, I got my report to work correctly, but I can't get the formatting correct. Is it true that you can't create a table (just formatting)...just put this data here and that data there? I can move the fields around easily (OK, it took some work), but I can't drop a table onto the page and move the fields into this table.

Also, I have some vertical and horizontal lines that don't print. The properties fields do not include anything like print/don't print. I've read the options many many times. Am I missing something.

I even thought about writing the report in the Sun Report Builder, then shutting it off and formatting it, but that doesn't work.

Help!!!

James
hamster20017

Re: Fomatting reports in Base

Postby Villeroy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 pm

Please post again what you have, what you want, which steps you are performing and what the result is.
The types of data you define for a field has nothing to do with formatting.
I remember vaguely an issue with reports from empty tables. Try with one dummy record in the respective table(s).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby hamster20017 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:52 am

Sorry...
1. Vertical and horizontal lines won't print.
2. I was hoping to have a printed table on the report (complete with lines and borders and stuff). My report works fine now, I just need some lines on it to neaten it up a bit. But there doesn't seem to be (blank) table functions and I can't just draw a table because they don't seem to print. I have all the correct data just where I need it, I just want lines and borders.

James
hamster20017

Postby Villeroy » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:02 pm

The most simple tabular database report: Drag your table or a sub-set of rows and column (query) into a spreadsheet. I don't use anything else.
If your database is registered (exposed to other office components) you can drag the table or query out of the left pane of the datasource window (F4) onto a spreadsheet cell and get a linked, refreshable import range (Data>Refresh), which offers a few more options (Data>Define...).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby hamster20017 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:43 am

I already have the report, I just need some lines. Perhaps I'm not creating the report properly. But the only way I could think of to add lines was to add the vertical and horizontal rules, but they won't print. Of course this could be a system/printer problem...

I just want to add either lines or a blank, empty table....

James
hamster20017

Postby r4zoli » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:15 am

When report finished, the lines visible?
If yes try to export as pdf, it is a type of printing.
If lines visible, your problems in printer.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
r4zoli
Volunteer

Postby blue1700 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:51 am

Hey Hamster,
I'm not sure if your still looking for help with the lines of you table not printing, but there is a way to make the table line printable.
In Open Office Writer go to the table menu and pull down at the bottom is Table Properties that will open a box. Look to the left for LIne Arrangement. You should see five small boxes. Click on the one wih the + in the middle (4th from the left). It says set outer border and all innner lines. Once you highlight it alll the lines will be printable. You can check by going to File, pull down and select Page Preview. If it has lines it will print lines.
Blue
OOo 2.3.X on MS Windows Vista
blue1700

Return to Reporting