Transferring formatted data from OO Base to Writer

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

Transferring formatted data from OO Base to Writer

Postby danielschellmus » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi ,
OO 2.3
I am writing a book on music using OO Writer
I wish to keep a chapter with a list of say 50 to 100 music instruments, with each record containing a short description, ,their data-specs, a jpg photo, a .pdf music score with ambitus.
I wish to keep this list dynamic and having it included in one of the chapter of my book.
I thought the best way was to keep those data in a database created with OO Base.
The problem is: How to transfer those formatted records from OO Base to OO Writer.
I have problems mainly in the formatting, I don't want one record per page, instead I wish OO Writer to adjust them dynamically on the page.

I am also not sure that this is the most easy way to solve this problem.

I read in the OO Writer help that the advised way is to export from BAse to Calc and from there to Writer. This seems rather complicated, and again I don't understand how to format it properly in Writer.

Thanks for the help.

Daniel
danielschellmus

Re: Transferring formatted data from OO Base to Writer

Postby JohnV » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:02 pm

You can cause a series of Base records the transfer to one page. Open new Writer file, press F4, open database and table. Select the records you want a list of then click the Data to Text and go from there.

Get back if you need more help.
JohnV
Volunteer

Re: Transferring formatted data from OO Base to Writer

Postby loupylou » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:53 am

did you get that to work? did it print the pictures too?
thanks
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
loupylou

Return to Reporting