Invalid report names in Base

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

Invalid report names in Base

Postby mfirmenich » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:30 am

One of our users renamed reports and included / (slash) in some report names. Those reports are now unaccessible, and cannot even be renamed. Is there a solution, or do we need to recreate new reports?
Thanks
Michel
mfirmenich

Re: Invalid report names in Base

Postby DrewJensen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:40 am

I'm assuming they are using version 2.3 ( maybe 2.2.1) - in 2.3.1 the report would run and the '/' would be replaced automatically with '_'. At least that is how I recall this went - but under 2.3.1 it won't even allow me to use a '/' in a name any longer so I can't test it. But you could try a test of it under a 2.3.1 installation. In fact under 2.3.1 you should be able to rename it properly to use a '_' save it and return the Base file to your customer if they do not want to upgrade themselves.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Postby mfirmenich » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:50 am

We are using 2.2.1, I will upgrade and revert to you.
Thanks
Michel
mfirmenich

Postby DrewJensen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:55 am

Well - that is a good thing, keeping current. But you know 2.4 should be out pretty quickly about 4 weeks I think and the new Report Builder release. I have been testing early releases of both and there is quite a bit in there for reports. Good stuff.

If you customer doesn't like updating all that often it might be better to use a copy of 2.3.1 to do the rename and have them wait for 2.4 and the Sun Report Builder 1.0.2.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Return to Reporting