[Solved] Bug making a Report (Open Office.org Base)

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

[Solved] Bug making a Report (Open Office.org Base)

Postby Buggynours » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 am

I have a sample table containing:

SERIALNO,NAME,SEX,TITLE,MANAGER,DEPARTMENT,SECRETARY,SALARY
74200,BANCROFT,2,SALESMAN,70012,318,24888,9600.00
2345,SMITH,1,ENGINEER,31416,2452,11111,9000.00
78943,MERCHANT,1,SALESMAN,70012,318,24888,8700.00

etc. (it has 27 rows)
The table definition corresponds to the following create statement (mysql syntax):

create table Employee (
SERIALNO int(6) key,
NAME char(12),
SEX int(2),
TITLE char(15),
MANAGER int(6),
DEPARTMENT int(5),
SECRETARY int(6),
SALARY float(8,2));

I made a simple report using the Report Wizard and just selecting the NAME, TITLE, and SALARY columns. The result:

NAME | TITLE | SALARY
BANCROFT | 9600 | 9876,54
SMITH | 9000 |
MERCHANT | 8700 |

etc. (columns are aligned in the actual report)

BUG: the salaries are in the Title column, the titles are missing in the report.

I firstly thought it could come from the ODBC Driver of my product (SafeDB, see [url]SafeQry.com[/url]). Not finding anything wrong I finally made the same table using MySQL (and the MyODBC driver) and dBASE. With these drivers and databases, exactly the same bug occured.

Attached is the employee.dbf file for anyone wanting to test this.

I am using OpenOffice.org 3.0.0, OOO300m9 (Build:9358) with Windows XP.
Last edited by Buggynours on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Linux
Buggynours
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:24 am

Re: Bug making a Report (Open Office.org Base)

Postby r4zoli » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 am

The "title" field name is not usable in OOo Base use instead "title1" or anything similar.
The reason is unknown.

 Edit: It is valid for all versions of OOo. 
Last edited by r4zoli on Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
User avatar
r4zoli
Volunteer
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:23 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Re: Bug making a Report (Open Office.org Base)

Postby TheGurkha » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 am

We're not the developers, just users trying to help other users. The developers don't hang out here.

You can follow this thread for future problem reports: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can use the green tick icon at the same time if you like.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
User avatar
TheGurkha
Volunteer
 
Posts: 6482
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: North Wales, UK.

Re: Bug making a Report (Open Office.org Base)

Postby Buggynours » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:04 am

Yes, renaming the TITLE column to JOB fixed the problem. Thanks r4zoli !

However, TITLE is not an SQL key or reserved word. OOo should give us a list of their own reserved words, and explain how this problem can be handled because some tables come from other applications and renaming the column cannot always be done.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Linux
Buggynours
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:24 am


Return to Reporting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest