[Solved] Missing field information in report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

[Solved] Missing field information in report

Postby epzcaw » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:38 am

I have imported a database which was generated with MS Access 2000. The tables appear, but I am having problems creating reports. The information from one of the fields does not appear, regardless of how I try to set up the report. All the other fields appear, but this one (a text field) is blank in all the listed records. Help.....
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows Other
epzcaw

Re: Report -missing field information

Postby epzcaw » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:04 pm

I have worked out a 'fix' myself. The field which would not appear in the report was called 'Title'. I tried to change its name, but the system did not allow me to do so. I then created a table with a field called 'Name' and linked this field to the field called 'Title' in the original table. The report happily prints out the field called 'Name'. Bizarre!

Another possible solution which I have nnot had a chance to try is to change the name of the field in the original Access database. This may be a more satisfactory long-term solution.

I guess I still have a lot to learn about Openoffice!
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows Other
epzcaw

Return to Reporting