Summaries in Report

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

Summaries in Report

Postby keithhulse » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi, I am beginning to wonder why summing fields in Base Report appears so difficult. I have a database of different kinds of invoices. I have produced a report which lists the invoices according to kind but I can't see an easy way of summing these different groups. I am aware of the Report Builder but unfortunately whenever I create a report using it Base crashes, so for the time being I am stuck with the Base reporting features. Can anyone help.

Many thanks,
Keith Hulse
OOo 2.3.X on MS Windows Vista + MAC Leopard
keithhulse

Re: Summaries in Report

Postby Villeroy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Try the Sun Report Builder 1.0.5 with one of the current OOo versions 2.4.2 or 3.0. It is very likely that your version 2.3 does not work at all. As far as I know Base has been tweaked to allow for very complex add-ons such as SRB.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby keithhulse » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Villeroy wrote:Try the Sun Report Builder 1.0.5 with one of the current OOo versions 2.4.2 or 3.0. It is very likely that your version 2.3 does not work at all. As far as I know Base has been tweaked to allow for very complex add-ons such as SRB.

Thanks for that - I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and it now seems to be working. When I follow advice from elsewhere in the forum on getting summed values I keep getting an error. How would you achieve a summing of grouped invoices?

Many thanks,
Keith Hulse
keithhulse

Postby r4zoli » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:12 pm

SRB 1.0.1-1.0.4 for OOo 2.x, at least OOo 2.3.

SRB 1.0.5 for 3.0.x
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
r4zoli
Volunteer

Postby Villeroy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:14 pm

Personally, I lost patience while installing one SRB bug-fix release after the other. I use to use pivot tables, import ranges and charts in Calc, which can be linked with all kinds of databases since version 1. [Tutorial] Using registered data sources in Calc.
Group by month then sort by full date, and give total
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby keithhulse » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:47 pm

Villeroy wrote:Personally, I lost patience while installing one SRB bug-fix release after the other. I use to use pivot tables, import ranges and charts in Calc, which can be linked with all kinds of databases since version 1. [Tutorial] Using registered data sources in Calc.
Group by month then sort by full date, and give total

Thank you so much. That is really helpful.

Many thanks,
Keith Hulse
keithhulse

Return to Reporting