Printing images in reports

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

Printing images in reports

Postby loupylou » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 pm

I got the Sun Report Writer extension so that I can generate reports from Base. But I don't have to use it if there is another way. My database contains the file name location of photos that are stored with each item. Is there a way that I can print the actual photograph by including it in the report?
Thanks in advance!
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
loupylou

Re: Printing images in reports

Postby pitonyak » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:51 pm

If your database contains the location of the image file, you can probably include the location of the image with no problem. You would require a macro to then insert the image into your generated report.

The other possibility is that your database contains the image. I thought that Drew had a post on generating a report containing images from a database, but I did not find it when I searched. I have not yet generated a report from OOo, so I can not easily comment on this yet.
Andrew Pitonyak
http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
LO and AOO on Fedora
pitonyak
Volunteer

Postby loupylou » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:45 pm

I was able to get the pictures to appear using the Sun Report Builder. However, I have a new problem. I have positioned three images to appear on one page. All the photos have been resized to match the size (if not smaller). When I generate the report, the images are printed on separate pages instead of the one. They print in their designated spots just only one per page. Any suggestions on how to get all three images to print on the same page? Thanks
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
loupylou

Postby pitonyak » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:11 pm

I was not aware that you could include images in a report automatically. Did you have to do something special?
Andrew Pitonyak
http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
LO and AOO on Fedora
pitonyak
Volunteer

Return to Reporting