Update databses

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base

Update databses

Postby HUGO HERNANDEZ » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 am

Now I learned how to create a database from scracth using data from excel file and learned how to manage queries and reports, I get stuck when I tried to up to date my database. My database is a simple one, emcompass important dta from every single project that we make in our department. So the firs updating was solved using excel and the same report i talked first.
Another AMAZING function to create forms is really great but What I found is that I can add any record, My Form has a label of "READ ONLY", I have set "Yes" to 3 actions with data "Modify", "Delete", "Adding" and for Add only data I put "No".
I have another questions, when I edit the form and select Form properties what does "Analize SQL commands" means? whats for?

By the way I haave a Dell Latitude D630 , MS XP system and I am trying OOo 3.0

Thank you so much to all people that take into account all this site.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
HUGO HERNANDEZ

Re: up date databses

Postby bobban » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:45 am

Another AMAZING function to create forms is really great but What I found is that I can add any record, My Form has a label of "READ ONLY", I have set "Yes" to 3 actions with data "Modify", "Delete", "Adding" and for Add only data I put "No".

That's your problem right there Hugo. 'Add only data' means you can only add new records. If you want to be able to add, modify or delete, you must uncheck the all boxes on the second option on the wizard (if you say yes to all three, then you can only read the data).

OOo 3.1.1 on Ms Windows XP
bobban
Volunteer

Re: up date databses

Postby r4zoli » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:52 am

My Form has a label of "READ ONLY"

Form is a Writer document, "Read only " means you can not change the layout,labels etc. , only write data into text boxes.
"Analize SQL commands"

UI will examine the SQL commands correctness if set, if not set it will execute any way.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
r4zoli
Volunteer

Return to Reporting