[Solved] No SDBC driver was found for the given URL

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER

[Solved] No SDBC driver was found for the given URL

Postby IILLC » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm

I just built a new computer. So I tried to move my database over to my new computer. I exported the mySQL database in phpadmin and then imported it on the new computer. From phpadmin all the table and info seem to be there. The hard drive the actual base project was on was moved over to the new computer. I can open the project file but when I try to open the forms or tables I get the following errors.

The connection to the data source "TOR_OPen_Office_DB" could not be established.
The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the given URL.
A connection for the following URL was requested "sdbc:mysql:mysqlc:localhost:3306/ddm_wp_db_fatcow".

So I went into database>Connections and change the settings to mySQL(OBDC). I can get the forms and the queries to show up, however, it will not connect to the tables. I get this error when trying to open a form linked to a table. I also do not see any tables in the table list.

SQL Status: HY000
There exists no table named "ddm_wp_db_fatcow.ddo_items".

This, as well as other tables, clearly exist and have data in myphpadmin.

ddo_items Browse Browse Structure Structure Search Search Insert Insert Empty Empty Drop Drop 1,891 InnoDB latin1_swedish_ci 1 MiB

There is obviously some kind of connection issue but I am at a loss of what it is. I am relatively new to mySQL/OO so hopefully it is something easy.

Please let me know if you need any more information or have things I can try so I can connect to this correctly.

Thanks for all your help!
Last edited by IILLC on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7 Pro x64
IILLC
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm

Re: No SDBC driver was found for the given URL.

Postby IILLC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:46 pm

OK I have spent the last few days trying to install the DB connector packs to no luck.

I then just un-installed OO completely and did a fresh, full installation. This seemed to do the trick. I can now connect to mySQL server through Base. I am not sure what happened but it is working now. Since everything is a fresh install on this new machine my guess is there was an error with the original OO installation.

Anyway, I thought I would post my solution since I have seen this error all over the boards but no standard solution for it.
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7 Pro x64
IILLC
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:42 pm


Return to External Data Sources

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests