[Solved] ODBC-Connect Error with MySQL/SSL

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER

[Solved] ODBC-Connect Error with MySQL/SSL

Postby flums » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:11 am

Hi!

I want Base to connect to my MySQL-Server via ODBC. From dev.mysql.com I downloaded the Win7-64-Bit-MSI-Installer and created a user-DSN in Windows. The connection-test from Windows works fine (SSL cert/key/ca) defined in the DSN-setup. Access can connect, too. Only Base doesn't want to. This is the error-message I get:
SQL-Status: IM014

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Der angegebene DSN weist eine nicht übereinstimmende Architektur von Treiber und Anwendung auf.

Do I have to install the 32-Bit-ODBC-Client from dev.mysql.com as well? Do they work nicely side-by-side (32- & 64-bit)?

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Windoof-7/64-Bit
flums

Re: ODBC-Connect Err with MySQL/SSL

Postby DACM » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:28 am

flums wrote:Do I have to install the 32-Bit-ODBC-Client from dev.mysql.com as well? Do they work nicely side-by-side (32- & 64-bit)

Yes and yes.
see: How to connect to ODBC DSN files?
AOO 4.1.x; LO 4.2.x; Windows 7/8 64-bit
Warning: Avoid embedded databases --> Solution: Adopt a portable 'split database' folder
Soli Deo gloria
DACM
Volunteer

Re: ODBC-Connect Err with MySQL/SSL

Postby flums » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks, DACM! I installed the 32-Bit-Client and voilà… it works like a charm! Merçi
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Windoof-7/64-Bit
flums

Re: [Solved] ODBC-Connect Error with MySQL/SSL

Postby chdShare » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi i think i have a similar problem - i am very new to this so apologies if i don't present the relevant information.

I am currently researching and trying to set up a database in which multiple users can access and edit the database as necessary off different computers.

I am using OS x Lion and i have installed Apache OpenOffice 3.4.0 . This was all fine. After doing some more research however i realised i also needed MySQL in order to create an open data base (is that correct?)

I tried several different connection links and finally used MySQL Connector ODBC 5.1.pkg this allowed me to connect to MySQL server according to my system preferences

I then followed the steps on http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... L_and_Base however every time i tried to do "test Class" it said JDBC driver unable to load - i feel like i'm missing a simple step?

A few other questions once i have established a connection to MySQL server can i just access all the data from the frontend or do i have to actually configure data in MySQL?

Further is there any other software that would allow me to do what i need in an easier way - i am only interning for a month so the other staff would have to be able to use the software after i am gone and they won't have time to access forum like this.

Thanks so much for your help, let me know if you need any more information!
Open Office 3.4.0. on MacOS
chdShare

Return to External Data Sources