[Solved] Template Path

Using them, Making them , Finding them

[Solved] Template Path

Postby Bruce 147 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:36 am

I have started to teach my fellow seniors how to use computers and one of the programs we use is Open Office.

I use templates a lot in MS Word but I am having a problem with saving them in OO 3.2.1 in the proper place. I read the FAQ which says that once you select 'template' (in "Save as")the file path changes to the default template path. This doesn't seem to happen and the same path as previously used is still in the box.

For myself I can copy the file to the proper place but it is too much to expect my 'pupils' to even find a hidden folder let alone move a file to it.

Any ideas?

OO Save As.jpg
Last edited by Bruce 147 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Windows 7
Bruce 147

Re: Template Path

Postby therabi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:23 am

Bruce 147 wrote:I have started to teach my fellow seniors how to use computers and one of the programs we use is Open Office.

I use templates a lot in MS Word but I am having a problem with saving them in OO 3.2.1 in the proper place. I read the FAQ which says that once you select 'template' (in "Save as")the file path changes to the default template path. This doesn't seem to happen and the same path as previously used is still in the box.

For myself I can copy the file to the proper place but it is too much to expect my 'pupils' to even find a hidden folder let alone move a file to it.

Any ideas?

OO Save As.jpg

Why not just use the File> Templates> Save ? That puts where it needs to be without worry.

HTH
OpenOffice.org v3.3, LibO v3.32 on Ubuntu 10.10 and Win7
therabi
Volunteer

Postby Hagar Delest » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:12 am

Moreover, saving with the Templates dialog allows advanced features like the detection of changes: if you create a document from a template and then modify that template, the next time you open the document, OOo will ask if the document has to be updated accorded to the new template.

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Postby Bruce 147 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:19 am

So bleeding obvious when you know how. thanks
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Windows 7
Bruce 147

Return to Templates