[Solved] Template with a graphic repeating on each page

Using them, Making them , Finding them

[Solved] Template with a graphic repeating on each page

Postby ronc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:41 am

Hi, I'm writing in Writer and I want to create a template where I have an embedded image at the top and bottom of the page (and also a frame with text) that repeats on each page as I create text into each new page. I tried creating my layout and saving as a template, but when I open the template all I have is what I initially laid out on one page (and all subsequent pages are blank). Kinda new to Open Office....but do appreciate the help :knock:

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by ronc on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
ronc

Re: Templates

Postby ronc » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:01 am

hi - i've bee able to resolve the issue with Format- Page - Header/Footer and inserting the graphic - now, my only other question is, can i make the lines srrounding the header and footer APPEAR in the document so i have a nice looking template with the graphic WITHIN the boxes? I really don't see a place to do that (I've tried borders and it doesn't work). :crazy:
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
ronc

Re: Templates

Postby acknak » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:16 am

Did you try Format > Page > Header > More > Background > As: Graphic ?

Another possibility would be to set your image as the paragraph background for the "header" or "footer" paragraph styles.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Return to Templates