Seeking "French Fold" template

Using them, Making them , Finding them

Seeking "French Fold" template

Postby bernoulli2k » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:31 am

I am looking for a template for Writer that will produce a french fold greeting card, that is, 4 panels printed on one side of 8.5 x 11 inch paper, such that it can be folded twice, resulting in 4 pages.
I would appreciate knowing if this exists, and where to download it.
Thanks in advance...
openoffice3.1 on windows xp sp3
bernoulli2k

Re: Seeking "French Fold" template

Postby Hagar Delest » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Have you checked the extension page? See the sticky of this forum section: Templates: a dedicated repository in the OOo web site.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 19.10 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Postby RoryOF » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:34 pm

Coreldraw has a French fold template when printing, but that is not of use here. When I used the CorelDraw version, I had to use four pages, each A6 in size (I was working to A4 paper). This would mean you should have 4 pages 5.5 x 4.25 inches if working to US Letter. When you have finished your text you will need to invert two of these, then print 4 pages up on a single sheet. A half hour's experimentation will see you sorted as to order and inverting.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 18.04.4 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby acknak » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:11 pm

I don't think this is practical in Writer because Writer can't invert and re-order the pages the way you need. You would have to use graphic text boxes for the two upside-down pages, at which point I can't see that Writer is helping much at all. You might as well use OOo Draw.

Ideally, you would create the document with normal pages, then post-process the output to re-order and rotate them for printing, but I can't recommend anything for doing that. Maybe someone else can make a suggestion.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Postby amaloney » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:34 am

------------
Al Maloney
Using OOo_Dev_DEV300 and LO 3.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
"Velox Versutus Vigilans"
amaloney

Return to Templates