A faster way to write recordsets in a CALC sheet

The Application Programming Interface and the OASIS Open Document Format

A faster way to write recordsets in a CALC sheet

Postby timeflow » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi everyone
I think this question needs someone very capable, because I've searched the answer quite a few.

I've observed that when in CALC you use F4 to show the registered datasources and drag and drop from there the query or table into the sheet, data it is much quicker pasted than a BASIC routine to write the records cell by cell.

This is an important subject whenever you need, from basic code, to insert thousands of registers with several colums, because times become impractical. And this is a situation relatively frequent in real life. Nevertheless, IT IS TOTALLY POSSIBLE to do it much faster, as it is demonstrated by simply dragging and dropping it from F4 "menu".

So, the question is:
How can be reached those objects, their properties, methods, that so eficently paste the data into the sheet?
OpenOffice 3.5 on Ubuntu 12.04
timeflow

Re: A faster way to write recordsets in a CALC sheet

Postby Villeroy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:16 am

Inspect the database ranges with their http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/comm ... iptor.html
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: A faster way to write recordsets in a CALC sheet

Postby timeflow » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Villeroy wrote:Inspect the database ranges with their http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/comm ... iptor.html

Thanks a lot for your attention Villeroy, I don't have time enough atm to study the proposed documentation, although what I've seen of it looks like promising.
OpenOffice 3.5 on Ubuntu 12.04
timeflow

Return to UNO API and ODF