Show Keywords in file explorer under Windows Vista/7

The Application Programming Interface and the OASIS Open Document Format

Show Keywords in file explorer under Windows Vista/7

Postby joe123 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Hello,

in Windows Vista / 7, and probably 8, it is possible to show a column "Keywords" in the file explorer.

Now, I want to fill that column for an ods-file by an OpenOffice extension that I have created.
For this, I`m using the following code so far:

Code: Select all   Expand viewCollapse view
XDocumentPropertiesSupplier xDocumentPropertiesSupplier = (XDocumentPropertiesSupplier) UnoRuntime
            .queryInterface(XDocumentPropertiesSupplier.class, xDocument);
XDocumentProperties xDocumentProperties = xDocumentPropertiesSupplier.getDocumentProperties();
xDocumentProperties.setKeywords(new String[] {"A keyword"});

The keyword text is being displayed in OpenOffice Calc under "File -> Properties -> Description -> Keywords".
So far, so good. But I also hoped that you might be able to see the value in the file explorer.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

I had a look in the UNO-API documentation, but it doesn`t cover that topic and seems outdated to me:

http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/comm ... rties.html

Greetings,
joe123
OpenOffice 3.4.1
Windows XP
joe123

Re: Show Keywords in file explorer under Windows Vista/7

Postby Villeroy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:30 pm

When you run the OpenOffice installer you find an optional Windows component which enables preview icons for ODF documents in the Win Explorer. May be that it reveals the keywords as well.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Postby joe123 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:11 am

Villeroy wrote:When you run the OpenOffice installer you find an optional Windows component which enables preview icons for ODF documents in the Win Explorer. May be that it reveals the keywords as well.

I re-installed OpenOffice and activated that component (it already had been selected respectively by the installer) and unfortunately, it didn`t help.

Any other ideas?
OpenOffice 3.4.1
Windows XP
joe123

Postby Bill » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm

I don't see an option to display a "Keywords" column in the Windows 8.1 File Explorer, but the keywords entered in Writer appear in the "Tags" column.
AOO 4.1.7 and LO 6.3.2.2 on Manjaro KDE
Bill
Volunteer

Return to UNO API and ODF