Create new text file from HTML

The Application Programming Interface and the OASIS Open Document Format

Create new text file from HTML

Postby roozgar » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:20 pm

hi all
i have to create word document with a WYSIWYG text editor like tinymce .
i tried to save out put as html and convert the html to doc or docx with uniconv package but the out put isn't formatted correctly and also contain a lot of comments for each line!!
one sample output is attached.

is there any idea or solution for this kind of usage?
how can i have a better word output from html files?!

update1 : file attached!
Attachments
aa.docx
(7.49 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
OpenOffice 4.1 on Ubuntu server 13.10
roozgar

Re: Create new text file from HTML

Postby rudolfo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 am

Sorry, but uploading a .docx file is very unlucky. Even though this is the final output file format that you want to reach, I simply can't open it, because I don't have MS Word. LibreOffice might open it with some luck, but you can never know if LibO doesn't swallow some parts of the formatting when opening the .docx file.
You are using the uniconv package so storing the content as a proper ODF writer document (.odt) would make it accessable for all members of this forum.

Why do you use TinyMCE as an WYSIWYG editor? Why do you not use MS Word directly as WYSIWYG editor? After all MS Word is the classical WYSIWYG editor!
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
rudolfo
Volunteer

Re: Create new text file from HTML

Postby Villeroy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Microsoft Word Viewer (2007) fails to open aa.docx.
LibreOffice 3.5 does.
OpenOffice 4 does.

Microsoft file formats are not standard by any means. Avoid Microsoft file formats unless you love to use Microsoft Office software. These file formats are compatible with no other software product because they are designed for a maximum of incompatibility.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Return to UNO API and ODF