Creating a bulleted list?

The Application Programming Interface and the OASIS Open Document Format

Creating a bulleted list?

Postby RhinoCan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm writing Java programs that use the UNO API to create documents. Can anyone point me to Java examples that create bulleted lists?

I've been reading the Developer's Guide and there's a page that comes relatively close to what I want. http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Text/Line_Numbering_and_Outline_Numbering. Unfortunately, this is created numbered lists and there seems to be a lot of extra rigamarole involving creating arrays of property sets, selecting paragraphs, and so forth. At least I _think_ (and hope) it is over and above what I want. After all, I'm not trying to reformat an existing document, I am creating a new one from scratch. I'm basically trying to find code that says, in effect, "for this next bit of the document, I want to write a bulleted list with indentation values of such-and-such and a bullet character of a small filled circle. Then, after the list is done, I want to write paragraphs again."

Can anyone confirm that my code only needs to say "from this point until we're done the list, I want to see a list consisting of these sentences, using the indicated indentation and bullet"? Or do I really need to create styles, register them, etc. etc.?
OpenOffice 4.1.2 and Libre Office 5.2.3.3 on Windows 10
RhinoCan

Return to UNO API and ODF