[Solved] Porting to Macintosh

The Application Programming Interface and the OASIS Open Document Format

[Solved] Porting to Macintosh

Postby Tim Grantham » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:06 am

My UNO client app runs fine on Windows. On a Macintosh, however, it starts up OpenOffice and then exits, with no message of any kind. I've tried compiling it in NetBeans on a Macintosh, but there's no improvement. It runs the bootstrap code, starts up OpenOffice, and then immediately jumps to System.exit(0); and exits.

Can someone give me a clue what's happening?

Thanks,
Tim.
OpenOffice 4.1
Windows 7 Professional
Tim Grantham

Re: Solved: Porting to Macintosh

Postby Tim Grantham » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:18 pm

OK, the answer to this one does kind of fall into the :knock: category. As the release notes for the OO SDK 3.3 point out, you have to "use the -d32 switch to ensure that your program using the simple bootstrap mechasnism [sic] use a 32-bit data model", which is their rather ambiguous way of saying that when running the client Java app on Snow Leopard OS X, you have to use the Java -d32 switch. (They are not referring to a build option.) The other, also ambiguous, statement in the release notes that "The SDK build environemnt [sic] takes now care of this and add [sic] the switch if necessary." does not appear to be true; but that could be because I'm not interpreting the statement correctly.

In any case, my app now runs correctly on a MacBook Pro.
OpenOffice 4.1
Windows 7 Professional
Tim Grantham

Return to UNO API and ODF