[Solved] Compatibility with Apple M1 Silicon based Macs

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua

[Solved] Compatibility with Apple M1 Silicon based Macs

Postby Dionisius2021 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Hello there,
is OpenOffice completely compatible with Apple M1 Silicon based devices (the newest Mac Minis and MacBooks at this moment) or currently testing on them? If Yes, which latest version of OpenOffice is optimized for new M1 based devices and/or can be launched using Rosetta 2 emulator? If no, when will the versions of OpenOffice be available for new Apple PCs and MacBooks? I hope that the big updates for your software products will be released this year!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Windows 10
Dionisius2021

Re: Compatibility with Apple M1 Silicon based Macs

Postby RusselB » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Welcome to the Forums.
We are end users, not developers and we have no way of knowing when or if newer versions of OpenOffice will be released.
As to current compatibility, I have no idea but you are more than welcome to download the latest version for Macs and test it. I don't own a Mac myself.
You might find that Libre Office has better compatibility as they have a more active development team.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RusselB

Return to Mac OSX