Unsuccessful update to AOO 4.1.9 on Windows 10

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows

Unsuccessful update to AOO 4.1.9 on Windows 10

Postby rthomas268 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:10 pm

I kept getting the update notice on my Calc, so I did a download onto my Windows 10 PC. Windows 10 would not allow me to choose anyway except the Windows Store to attempt to install the update. I have version 4.1.8 and the update would be to 4.1.9. It has been very difficult for me to dicipher the terminology directions that Open Office website provides that I am supposed to follow to install the update. I don't understand a lot of what it's telling me.
So, unfortunately, I will continue using the current program and I have gone thru and changed all my necessary files to Microsoft Excel so I can be sure I will be able to edit and update these files as needed. Now I have the necessary files in two different software programs.
Very discouraging that I am unable to easily do updates to Open Office software which I have been using for years.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 10
rthomas268

Re: Unsuccessful Updating

Postby Hagar Delest » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:44 pm

Have you used the official site? See the link bottom right of the page.
I think there was some discussions because indeed Microsoft made it a bit more complex to install the last release.
Perhaps you can describe what kind of question is asked or upload screenshots so that we can guide you through.
LibreOffice 7.1.2.2 / Xubuntu 21.04 and LibreOffice 7.0.5 portable on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Return to MS Windows