Form creation changes autovalue table field to "no"

Discuss the database features

Form creation changes autovalue table field to "no"

Postby rzirfas » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:05 pm

I am using Split_HSQLDB_2.3.2_Wizard_v3d.odb, and when I create a form using a table with an autovalue key field of the table primary key is changed to "no", and I am unable to change it back to an autovalue, I have found that a work around is by not including the key field in form creator, this doesn't happen.

I am wondering how I would be able to change the value back or prevent this from happening. When attempting to change it through sql, I do not have the privileges to make this change to the auto value or reset the counter. I have looked at and tried different variations of the "alter table/alter column" that I found via google and different answers in this forum and not had any success in getting the table field to change back to "integer generated by default".

thanks in advance for any responses and time taken to look into this.

also any recommendations for an updated implementation than the "Split_HSQLDB_2.3.2_Wizard_v3d.odb", would be appreciated also. :D
Libre Office, Version: 6.0.7.3 (Build ID: 1:6.0.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.10) on Linux Mint 19.1
"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer" - Bruce Lee
rzirfas

Re: form creation changes autovalue table field to "no"

Postby Villeroy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:30 pm

menu:Tools>SQL...
Code: Select all   Expand viewCollapse view
ALTER TABLE "table" ALTER COLUMN "column" INT IDENTITY

fill in your actual names of table and column.
menu:View>Refresh Table
Open the table and see.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04, no OpenOffice, LibreOffice 6.x
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Form creation changes autovalue table field to "no"

Postby UnklDonald418 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:13 am

recommendations for an updated implementation than the "Split_HSQLDB_2.3.2_Wizard_v3d.odb", would be appreciated

Updating a JDBC database is easy, but be aware that there have been some minor compatibility issues reported beginning with HSQL version 2.4.1. Also, the Base front end remains virtually unchanged since 2008.
Other HSQLDB versions are available from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/files/hsqldb/
In the driver folder of your split database directory, rename the hsqldb.jar file to something like hsqldb232.jar then extract a copy of the hsqldb.jar file from zip archive you downloaded and place it in the driver directory.
Open your database and run the following query to verify the version number
Code: Select all   Expand viewCollapse view
SELECT * FROM "INFORMATION_SCHEMA"."SQL_IMPLEMENTATION_INFO"
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.6 & LibreOffice 6.1.5.2 - Windows 10 Professional
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Return to Base