Printing problems

Discuss the drawing application

Printing problems

Postby Cheezyrich » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:54 pm

This problem is driving me crazy,
im creating my orders of service for my wedding, i have completed this and it looks amazing lol,
BUT.....here lies my problem, i have put GIFS in the corners to act as partial boarders which is fine in itself, i placed one in and copy and pasted and flipped the pasted image to be in the right place and repeated.
my problem starts when trying to print it as when i print preview the preview image shows that the bottom left hand corner image has flipped itself vertically so now its in the wrong way, ALSO, when i select print, it prints it out PERFECT(the altered image is how it should be) but the bottom 2"square of the page is not printing atall but the rest of the print is all there including the other pictures that line up both horizontally and vertically adjacent to the "missing/Part printed" image,
so i'm making one set page that i want to be my final product, i am previewing a altered version in print preview, and printing as it should be but the bottom 2"square is missing.
i know its not my printer or computer as i have tried it on a separate computer and printer.

has anyone else had this problem? or can maybe shed some light on this confusing matter.
any help is very much appreciated.
CheezyRich.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on windows vista
Cheezyrich

Re: Printing problems

Postby RoryOF » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:02 pm

I would suggest you edit your GIFs in an external editor so they are the correct orientation, then insert them into your page, rather than using the built in OpenOffice facilities to manipulate them. Also, might the 2" square that is not printing be the background (white?) of a displaced GIF?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Re: Printing problems

Postby Cheezyrich » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:18 pm

it might possibly be the white section in the gif itself. which still shouldnt be there as the gifs prints the correct way so the white section should be in the right place too, i think if i cant fix it in a day or two i may have to spend a bit more time and as you say edit them in a separate program and load them into my Draw file one at a time,

Thank you so much,
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on windows vista
Cheezyrich

Return to Draw