Link an image to another page in the same doc

Discuss the drawing application

Link an image to another page in the same doc

Postby Sven Ryglert » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:46 pm

How to link an image to another page in the same draw document?

I want to be able to click on an image on page one and end up on page 2, simple like that.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
Sven Ryglert

Re: Link an image to another page in the same doc

Postby acknak » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:40 am

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Oddly enough, I'm not sure that Draw actually supports this. At least I'm not sure how to do it.

It is possible to insert an image, then select it and use Insert > Hyperlink ... Document, Target: (click the target icon at right) #Slide 2

But that hyperlink doesn't seem to work in Draw itself. I believe it may work if you export the drawing to pdf; I don't remember for sure.

As far as I can tell, links are only supported (in Draw) for text. So you can insert an image, add some text to it (double-click or F2) and then add a link to the text.

PS: Another possibility is to use a form control that has a hyperlink. I'm not sure if an image can be used as a control.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Re: Link an image to another page in the same doc

Postby Sven Ryglert » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks for swift answer.
Glad and sad to hear. It confirms that I am not crazy. Been turned Draw up side down, back and forward to find out if it possible to put an link on objects. So it it confirmed that it is impossible to do so and that it is a little bit sad to been confirmed.

I solved it by put an textlink on the image and group them. It still just makes the text linkable but I can move it around easily.

Hopefully it will come an update with this function :)
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
Sven Ryglert

Return to Draw