Can't get shape Hyperlink to work in Draw

Discuss the drawing application

Can't get shape Hyperlink to work in Draw

Postby mbaycura » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:59 pm

I'm not well versed in OpenOffice, but i'm trying to make shapes in Draw act as hyperlinks. I know how to create the link, but I can't figure out how to actually click on them to follow the link once created. I've tried toggling "edit" and "design mode" but it still just behaves as if it's expecting to be edited giving me either the re-size handles or puts a cursor in the shape text. If i export the slide to pdf the link works in the pdf document, but i can't get them to work in openoffice itself.
Are there only certain shapes that will work or am i missing some mode or view i have to be in?
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
mbaycura

Re: Can't get shape Hyperlink to work in Draw

Postby Zizi64 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Have you tried the Ctrl-click?

See:

Tools - Options - Openoffice - Security - Options - Checkbox: "Ctrl-click required to follow hyperlinks"
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.0; AOO4.1.6
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby mbaycura » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:56 pm

Thanks, i forgot to mention I have tried holding ctrl-click and tried on each layer tab. I also tried un-checking the ctrl-click option as well and still can't seem to get the shape to be active. I have no problem setting the hyperlink for the text in a shape, ctrl-click option on or not.
so I can work around it by selecting all the text in the shape and set the hyperlink attached to the text instead of "button" and it will work as expected. Maybe i just don't properly understand what selecting the "button" option really means, as selecting all the text in a shape to set the hyperlink seems to be functionally equivalent to using the shape as a button. Except of course for shapes that don't have text.
mbaycura

Postby acknak » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:34 am

As far as I recall, only text works as a source for hyperlinks. I've not been able to get it to work with any shape.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Postby Zizi64 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:30 am

You can use a colorized form control element for this task.

Hyperlink button.odg
(8.63 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO6.1.6, 6.2.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-6.4.0; AOO4.1.6
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Postby mbaycura » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Thank, it looks like that's what one must do, use form controls to get button like behavior while in the Draw. It's just strange that you can add a hyperlink to any general shape with no text and when you export the file to pdf it will actually work like a button, showing a hover hand and will follow the link when clicked in the pdf, but for some reason you can't do that from within the original Draw file format.
mbaycura

Return to Draw