[Solved] Filling in a drawn area

Discuss the drawing application

[Solved] Filling in a drawn area

Postby tmauch » Thu May 28, 2015 7:55 pm

I'm designing a poster in OO Draw, and I would like to include a graph I made in another program. However, I do not want to include all the white space that comes around the graph when I save it as a png file and insert it into my poster. I was hoping I could just use the lines in Draw to trace around the graph and then fill it in. I've been able to trace around it, and all my lines seem connected. It also looks like there should be an option to fill in the area between the lines, but nothing happens. Any idea if what I want to do is possible and if so, how I do it? Thanks.

Teresa
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri May 29, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
tmauch

Re: Filling in a drawn area

Postby acknak » Thu May 28, 2015 10:04 pm

tmauch wrote:... I was hoping I could just use the lines in Draw to trace around the graph and then fill it in. ...

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for here.

From your description, it sounds like you have an image, with the graph in the middle and lots of empty space around the edges.

If that is the case, you can just crop the image to "remove" the empty space: select the image; click on the crop tool (scissor icon on the Picture toolbar) and drag the handles around the sides of the image until only the graph area is left.

If that doesn't work for your situation, maybe you can describe a bit more about what you have and what you're trying to do.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Re: Filling in a drawn area

Postby tmauch » Thu May 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Ah, that works, thanks!
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
tmauch

Return to Draw