[Solved] Rotating photos in Draw

Discuss the drawing application

[Solved] Rotating photos in Draw

Postby mikemaas » Sun May 03, 2015 8:52 pm

In Draw I`d like to turn an Inserted photo 90 degrees. The Help library lists "rotate mode" and explains that there`s an icon that will let the photo sprout a rotation arm. It shows a picture of the icon but doesn`t say where to find that icon. I can`t find it. The icon is a tiny yellow square with a pattern of black dots and a broad blue anticlockwise arrow curling round underneath. Could anyone kindly advise ?

I have Open Office 4.1.1 and the machine runs on Windows 7.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu May 14, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 3.4.1 Windows 7
mikemaas

Re: rotating photos in Draw

Postby acknak » Sun May 03, 2015 9:21 pm

It's in the Drawing toolbar, normally at the bottom of the screen, just below the editing area. It's fourth from the right; if you don't see it there, try maximizing the window--iit could be clipped if the window is too narrow.

If you don't see the Drawing toolbar at all, try View > Toolbars > Drawing: ON (checked).

You can also select the image and use Modify > Rotate ... that's the same as the toolbar button: click on any corner handle and drag to rotate. Hold shift as well to limit the rotation to multiples of 15°

Alternatively, you can use Format > Position & Size > Rotation ... and set the rotation point and angle, then OK.

Edit: PS: 
Oh, yeah, with recent versions of OO, you can also use the sidebar (View > Sidebar: ON); look at the "Position & Size" panel.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Re: rotating photos in Draw

Postby mikemaas » Mon May 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Once again a lightning and comprehensive answer, acknak. Many thanks. I`ll Unsubscribe this topic now.
Open Office 3.4.1 Windows 7
mikemaas

Return to Draw