[Solved] LibreOffice File format error found at SAXParse

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.

[Solved] LibreOffice File format error found at SAXParse

Postby noa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Hello,
I wrote this essay but I can't open it anymore. Would it be possible to convert this file?

Thank yo so so much!
Attachments
Opdracht_4-1617.docx
(26.48 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
noa

Re: [Solved] File format error found at SAXParse

Postby RoryOF » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Try the attached version. Your original opened for me with no difficulty.
Attachments
Opdracht_4-1617 repaired.odt
(18.91 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Re: [Solved] File format error found at SAXParse

Postby John_Ha » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:19 pm

RoryOF wrote:Your original opened for me with no difficulty.

I have downloaded many of the files in this post and all have opened OK for me. mySOSman Business Plan - 2016.docx opened with no problem even though the Microsoft Word Viewer said there was an error in the file and would not open it.

So I wonder what is causing these problems? Why can some AOO users open the files and others cannot? Why can AOO open a file and the MS Word Viewer cannot?

Is it perhaps because the error was inserted into the file by MS Word or LibreOffice (LO can save .docx files, AOO cannot) in a .docx specific XML tag which AOO Writer does not recognise and Writer therefore ignores, thus not generating an error message? (See [Tutorial] Differences between Writer and MS Word files.)

But why do some AOO installs open the file and some do not? Is it that the user is actually using LO and not AOO, and LO finds the error in the .docx specific tag?

I am confused ...
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Return to LibreOffice