[Solved] LibreOffice File format error found at SAXParse

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.

[Solved] LibreOffice File format error found at SAXParse

Postby tacho3 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:55 am

Hello,
I have the same problem as that discussed above. The work of several days there I got. It was a mistake, I always work on odt, but as he had never gone through anything ... :knock:
I managed to open the file with WordPad, but is incomplete.
My error, File format error found at SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:cstheme redefined ', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 34782 (row,col).

RoryOf, I appreciate your help to solve the problem. :?

Thank you so much
Attachments
Unidad Didáctica 4.docx
(113.66 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by tacho3 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Linux Mint
tacho3

Re: [Solved] File format error found at SAXParse

Postby RoryOF » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:20 am

Neither I, nor acknak, or anyone else on the Forum, can guarantee recovery of a damaged file. We most certainly can't even attempt it without the actual file, which should be uploaded to the Forum or to a file sharing site, in which case the URL should be posted on the Forum.

Note also that we do this as a pro bono service in our own time; it is possible that there may be some delay before recovery of a damaged file is attempted.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby tacho3 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:26 am

RoryOF wrote:Neither I, nor acknak, or anyone else on the Forum, can guarantee recovery of a damaged file. We most certainly can't even attempt it without the actual file, which should be uploaded to the Forum or to a file sharing site, in which case the URL should be posted on the Forum.

Note also that we do this as a pro bono service in our own time; it is possible that there may be some delay before recovery of a damaged file is attempted.

I understand, and I thank you. I just edit the previous post, but I also get on this document.
Thanks for the quick response, patience and for your time to the community.
Attachments
Unidad Didáctica 4.docx
(113.66 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
tacho3

Postby RoryOF » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:58 am

Try this version. You should carefully check that nothing is omitted and that the formatting is as you wish it to be.

Why work in .docx? You should work in .odt and when the document is finished save out to an alternate format if that is required. Recent versions of MS Office claim to support .odt format.
Attachments
Unidad Didáctica 4 repaired.docx
(113.47 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Xubuntu 20.04.1 (mostly 64 bit version) and very infrequently on Win2K/XP
RoryOF

Postby tacho3 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:46 pm

RoryOF wrote:Try this version. You should carefully check that nothing is omitted and that the formatting is as you wish it to be.

Why work in .docx? You should work in .odt and when the document is finished save out to an alternate format if that is required. Recent versions of MS Office claim to support .odt format.

Thanks!!!!! :bravo: :bravo:
I can copy my document now.

Yeahh, good question. I promise that I use always .odt for work.

Thanks again!!!
tacho3

Return to LibreOffice