[Solved] Insert Picture Tiling

Discuss the presentation application

[Solved] Insert Picture Tiling

Postby rabbithutch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:37 pm

First, please understand that I'm a noob with OpenOffice. I used the Microsoft Office package for years which means that I'm having to replace old habits with newly acquired skills with OO.

I'm trying to make a slide in Impress. The slide consists of text and a picture. I have the text in the slide. It is 2 text frames superimposed over each other to get the relationship of the text that I want. I also want to insert a picture. I have the picture with background removed and resized to about 180 pixels square. The problem is that when I use Insert>Picture>From File then choose the .png file, Impress adds it as a tiled background behind my text in an area much larger than the text frame.

I tried to copy the pic to the clipboard and paste it into the slide, also. I got the same result. It is as if I have some option set in the slide that says to tile any image inserted.

I know so little about Impress at this point that I don't know how to troubleshoot the issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and gratefully received.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7
rabbithutch

Re: Insert Picture Tiling

Postby acknak » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

I'm not 100% sure, but here's a workaround you can try: insert the image on a completely empty slide, then copy/paste into the destination slide. You may need to use a new slide, then change the layout to empty (no text area, title area, media ... nothing).
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Re: Insert Picture Tiling

Postby rabbithutch » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Thank you, acknak!

I inserted a new slide. Using Insert>Picture>From File I selected the file and it was inserted on the blank slide. I then selected it and copied and pasted it onto the original slide.

Much obliged!

rh
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 7
rabbithutch

Return to Impress