[Solved] Photos and Graphics Not Displaying

Discuss the presentation application

[Solved] Photos and Graphics Not Displaying

Postby DCMGspeaker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:47 pm

I am a first time user of Apache OpenOffice. I am trying to prepare a presentation using OpenOffice Impress (4.1.2) on a Dell computer running Windows 7. For several weeks I have worked on this presentation with no problems, then disaster hit!

I noticed that some of the Impress toolbar buttons were not displaying, so I saved my work and shut down Impress. When I restarted and opened my project, the buttons were back but most of my photos and graphic inserts after slide number 6 failed to display. On each slide where a photo or graphic previously appeared (about 56 slides), there was now a small icon with three rectangles (blue,gold and red). Text was not affected. I think that the photos and graphics are still there, but I have no idea how to make them display again.

Is there a limit to the number of slides that can be used in a presentation, or a limit on presentation memory? My computer has plenty of memory; so if memory is the issue, is there a memory limitation with the Impress software? Alternatively, is there some other type of issue that I need to address to have the photos and graphics properly display?

Please help me get my slides back to where they should be. I am really starting to panic!!! :alarm:
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice Version 4.1.2; Installed on Dell Vostro computer running Windows 7
DCMGspeaker

Re: Photos and Graphics Not Displaying

Postby Mr.Dandy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:01 pm

DCMGspeaker wrote:about 56 slides

You might "optimize" your presentation (Tools menu).
OpenOffice 4.1.3 - Windows 7
Mr.Dandy

Postby DCMGspeaker » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:42 pm

There is no "optimize" in the Tools menu. By "optimize," are you in reference to "Minimize"? If so, I have been doing that at the close of each session, but the photos do not appear except when I actually run the slide show.
DCMGspeaker

Postby Mr.Dandy » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:53 pm

DCMGspeaker wrote:are you in reference to "Minimize"?

Yes, sorry for the wrong term.

DCMGspeaker wrote:but the photos do not appear except when I actually run the slide show.

Well, attach this file to reproduce (just one slide to see the problem).
Mr.Dandy

Postby DCMGspeaker » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:25 pm

Are you asking me to copy one of the slides that has the problem and attach it to my response?
DCMGspeaker

Postby Mr.Dandy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Yes
Mr.Dandy

Postby DCMGspeaker » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:56 pm

Well, a very interesting thing happened when I went to make a copy of a slide with the "missing" display to send to you. I put the cursor on the slide, right clicked and selected "copy," and then all of a sudden the missing photo and graphic appeared. I then did that on each of the other slides that had the same problem and in each instance the problem was corrected. I know this does not resolve what caused the problem in the first place, but it took care of the issue for my presentation. So, thanks.
DCMGspeaker

Return to Impress