Changing multiple slide backgrounds

Discuss the presentation application

Changing multiple slide backgrounds

Postby alexnicole » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:30 pm

How do I change the background for multiple slides at one time instead of having to do it individually?
Mac Air Open Office 4.1.1
alexnicole

Re: Changing multiple slide backgrounds

Postby acknak » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

As far as I can tell, you can only change backgrounds to selected slides through changing the master slide: right-click on a master slide and choose "Apply to selected slides".

Otherwise, you can change the background for one slide, or for all slides, but not a selected set.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Postby alexnicole » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Oh okay thanks! Also is there anyway to change the font colour for every slide? When I go into Master slide under view, it doesnt let me change the font colour only the backgrounds
Mac Air Open Office 4.1.1
alexnicole

Postby acknak » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:18 pm

For next time: It's best to start a new topic with a new question. Just keeps the discussion clear.

I'm not an expert with Impress, but I think it depends on consistently using the styles for formatting. For example, the "Title" area of the built-in slide layouts by default uses the "Title" presentation style. You can see this in the "Styles and Formatting" panel (F11) or in the "Styles and Formatting" panel of the sidebar. If you consistently use the Title area, and don't apply any direct formatting (eg change the font color by the toolbar), then you can modify the "Title" style and all the titles will use the new font color.

There is no "base" or "default" style for the presentation styles that provides a font color property that affects all styles.

There IS a "default" style for the Graphics style category (don't as me why there are separate style categories: makes no sense to me). So there you can change the default to (potentially) change all text to a different color.

In either case, it depends on how you've made the slides and how you've applied the styles or formatting.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Return to Impress