[Solved] Pasting a picture into Impress tiles the image

Discuss the presentation application

[Solved] Pasting a picture into Impress tiles the image

Postby dlwester » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:44 pm

I'm trying to paste a very simple graphic into an Apache OpenOffice Impress presentation. When I do the paste, what happens is that it seems to be using the graphic as a bitmap background of the text area, and tiles the image so that instead of one small image, I've got 16 of them tiled. I have tried cutting and pasting, inserting an image from a file, etc. Everything has the same result - the image becomes a tiled background of the text area.

I can do the exact same thing in LibreOffice with no problems at all - the image shows up exactly as I expected.

I am using the latest OpenOffice (4.1.1) on Windows 7.
Last edited by dlwester on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLW
running OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
dlwester

Re: Pasting a picture into Impress tiles the image

Postby acknak » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:42 pm

AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Re: [Solved] Pasting a picture into Impress tiles the image

Postby dlwester » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Thanks, acknak. I'm marking this solved since there's a workaround, and the bug is already known.
DLW
running OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
dlwester

Re: [Solved] Pasting a picture into Impress tiles the image

Postby loudemartelly » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:08 am

Had the same problem. Came up in last few days after working perfectly. Tried to paste an image from the web into an Impress slide. Looked perfect in Paint, and in reprinted image in handout, but when I tried to recopy image from original source, it came out tiled in a large matrix. No manipulation of template worked. Got same problem in pasting from Writer. (Slide show saved as ppt). Noticed that if the image is edited in Draw, the problem disappears. Interesting that an earlier version (10 days old) had worked perfectly. Problem seems to be recent corruption.
OpenOffice 3.3 Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows XP, Fedora 12
loudemartelly

Return to Impress